BEET BBQ TOFU
- 1 package tofu
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons Falcon and Flash Beet BBQ (Killer Tofu)
- cooking spray
- Cut tofu cake horizontally into 4 rectangles. Press with paper towel to remove moisture.
- Mix Beet BBQ Sauce - Combine ketchup and 2 tablespoons Falcon and Flash Beet BBQ spice blend.
- Cover the bottom of a small pan with half of the Beet BBQ Sauce. Rub both side of tofu rectangles with dry Beet BBQ spice blend. Place tofu rectangles in single layer on sauce. Let rest 30 minutes.
- Preheat broiler to 500 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil, place a cooling rack on top (this creates the 'grilled' effect). Spray rack with cooking spray. Place tofu on rack. Broil approx 5 minutes or until tofu is brown and bubbly.
- Flip tofu and brush with remaining sauce. Broil until brown and bubbly.
- Serve hot or at room temperate.
Photo Credit: Alexander Harvey